Mengikut kajian Dr Sears terdapat 7 attachment tools in AP
- Birth Bonding - Terutamanya di saat kelahiran baby kita,yang amat memerlukan belaian aksih sayang seorang ibu.The days and weeks after birth are a sensitive period in which mothers and babies are uniquely primed to want to be close to one another.
- Breastfeeding - Satu pendekatan untuk kita mengenal lebih rapat baby kita.Mengenal pasti sebarang tanda kelainan, body languange, which is the first step in getting to know our baby. Breastmilk contains unique brain-building nutrients that cannot be manufactured or bought.BF juga memupuk chemistry antara kita n baby.
- Babywearing - Babywearing improves the sensitivity of the parents. Because our baby is so close to us, we get to know baby better.
- Bedding close to baby - Nighttime touch that helps busy daytime parents reconnect with their infant at night. Since nighttime is scary time for little people, sleeping within close touching and nursing distance minimizes nighttime separation anxiety and helps baby learn that sleep is a pleasant state to enter and a fearless state to remain in.
- Belief in the language value of your baby's cry - A baby's cry is a signal designed for the survival of the baby and the development of the parents. Responding sensitively to your baby's cries builds trust. Babies trust that their caregivers will be responsive to their needs. Parents gradually learn to trust in their ability to appropriately meet their baby's needs. This raises the parent-child communication level up a notch
- Beware of baby trainers -AP teaches us how to be discerning of advice, especially those rigid and extreme parenting styles that teach you to watch a clock or a schedule instead of your baby; you know, the cry-it-out crowd. This "convenience" parenting is a short-term gain, but a long-term loss, and is not a wise investment. These more restrained styles of parenting create a distance between you and your baby and keep you from becoming an expert in your child.
- Balance - In your zeal to give so much to your baby, it's easy to neglect the needs of yourself and your marriage. As you will learn the key to putting balance in your parenting is being appropriately responsive to your baby – knowing when to say "yes" and when to say "no," and having the wisdom to say "yes" to yourself when you need help.